Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer With English!

This summer I also went to a summer camp called, you guessed it, Summer with English. I met other volunteers and hundreds of students from Ukraine, Russia and Poland. We had English clubs everyday and were fed 3 meals, had rooms, and a lot of beach time. At night there was always a concert, or variety show, put on by the kiddies and camp counselors, and a few times we came up with skits or dances on our own, much to the delight of the kids.  
The American Soccer team, i was the goalie of course and got filthy.

me and the asian, all the Ukrainians loved him, he also was the best dancer.

the beach in Zhelzny Port on the Black Sea

Our lovely soviet dormitories

the toilet, bez lid and the shower square

the stage

on International Friends day at camp

preparing for a skit, i was a ukrainian 

one of the little chickas singing 

beware of the jellies, they're everywhere!

MAN THONG

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cassi! I saw the link to your blog on Facebook. I had no idea you were on the other side of the planet. What a trip! I've read almost all of it. It's so pleasing to know that you're able to share your kindness and warmth with others, even where you are out of your element -- It speaks volumes about you! And the pictures are excellent. Really an incredible first-hand account of culture I probably would have never otherwise known about. I've got you bookmarked, hope you still have more to share. Have fun out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay soccer! Yay pictures! Boo man thong! Hope you are doing well. <3

    ReplyDelete